Frederick L. Van Sickle
U.S. Army first lieutenant, JAG Corps, 1968-1970
Prosecutor, Douglas County, Washington, 1971-1975
Private practice, Washington, 1970-1975
Judge, Superior Court of the State of Washington, 1975-1992; Grant and Douglas Counties, 1975-1979; Chelan and Douglas Counties, 1979-1992
University of Washington School of Law
The University of Washington School of Law, located in Seattle, was first organized in 1899 and is fully accredited. The current law building, William H. Gates Hall, was completed and occupied in September of 2003 and is located on the Northwest corner of the main University campus. The building houses classrooms, student lounge, a coffee/snack kiosk, locker areas, the Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library, and offices for faculty, administration, and student organizations. Financial aid, registration, and career service functions are run primarily as in-house operations. The building itself is fully accessible to persons in wheelchairs and is equipped with braille identifiers. William H. Gates Hall is a designated non-smoking area.