Case Western Reserve University School of Law

Case Western Reserve University School of Law is one of eight schools at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. The law school is known for its innovation in legal education and blending of practice, theory, and professionalism. It has a long commitment to diversity and admitted students of color in its first entering class in 1892. It was one of the first schools accredited by the American Bar Association and it is a member of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).

It was initially named for Franklin Thomas Backus, a justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, whose widow donated $50,000 to found the school in 1892.

According to Case Western Reserve's official 2013 ABA-required disclosures, 58.6% of the Class of 2013 obtained full-time, long-term, bar passage-required employment nine months after graduation, excluding solo-practitioners.

Phone Number: 
(216) 368-2000

Location

Case Western Reserve University School of Law
11075 East Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
United States
Students Enrolled: 
625
Year Founded: 
1892
Judges Graduating from this School: 
Advertisement