Blairsville is a borough in Indiana County, Pennsylvania, 43 miles east of Pittsburgh, and on the Conemaugh River. Blairsville was settled in 1818 and incorporated in 1825. In the past, railway shops, foundries, machine shops, enameling plants, and manufactories of plate glass and lumber employed the residents. It was the seat of Blairsville College, a Presbyterian institution opened in 1851, and currently houses a campus for Wyoming Technical Institute. Population in 1910, 3,572, and in 1940, 5,002. The population was 3,607 at the 2000 census.