Oakley is a village in Saginaw County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 338. The village is within Brady Township, although about half of the village would lie within Chesaning Township on the east, if the boundary line had not been adjusted. History: Originally the area was called Mickleville. Philip Mickle, who owned a tavern there in 1842, became the first postmaster of Mickleville on March 12, 1856. That post office was moved to the hamlet of Havana on April 18, 1860, which was two miles southeast of Oakleys present location. In 1868, Andrew Huggins platted and recorded the village of Oakley and the post office was moved from Havana. It was named for Judge Oakley of Dutchess County, New York, a relative of one of its citizens. Oakley was incorporated as a village in 1887.

Agriculture Law Lawyers In Oakley Michigan

What is agriculture law?

Agriculture Law involves farmers, landowners, and others in regards to crop-growing, farming processes, dairy production, livestock, farmland use, government subsidization of farming, and seasonal and migrant farm workers. There are numerous federal statutes that subsidize, regulate or otherwise directly affect agricultural activity. Some focusing on protecting migrant and seasonal agricultural workers, some for financial assistance to farmers and others for the construction or improvement of farm housing and other agriculturally related purposes.