Finley is a community in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, 10 miles northeast of Antlers, Oklahoma. A United States Post Office was established at Finley, Indian Territory on April 30, 1903. It was named for Sidney W. Finley (1869-1914), local merchant and first postmaster. Finley was originally called Cedar Church, and then Old Cedar Church, the name of a longstanding Choctaw Indian Methodist congregation established there during Indian Territory days. The congregation took its name from nearby Big Cedar Creek—then known as Cedar Creek. The church appears to have waned during the latter days of the Choctaw Nation, probably giving rise to the opportunity to rename the settlement after its first postmaster. Finley successfully retains its status as a cohesive community, long after losing its school. It hosts cemetery clean-up days and community dinners in its community center. It continues to have a post office and store. More information on Finley and the Big Cedar Creek valley may be found in the Pushmataha County Historical Society.

Agriculture Law Lawyers In Finley Oklahoma

What is agriculture law?

Agriculture Law involves farmers, landowners, and others in regards to crop-growing, farming processes, dairy production, livestock, farmland use, government subsidization of farming, and seasonal and migrant farm workers. There are numerous federal statutes that subsidize, regulate or otherwise directly affect agricultural activity. Some focusing on protecting migrant and seasonal agricultural workers, some for financial assistance to farmers and others for the construction or improvement of farm housing and other agriculturally related purposes.