Paluxy is an unincorporated community in Hood County, Texas, United States. The community is located on Farm to Market Road 51, fifteen miles southwest of Granbury. It was part of Erath County until 1866, when Hood County was created. Paluxy was named after the Paluxy River that runs through it. In 1887, the population of Paluxy was approximately 100. That figure rose to 164 in 1900, but steadily declined through the century. Current estimates put the population at around 80. Paluxy residents rely on larger, incorporated cities for some services. The local newspaper is published in Granbury and area students attend school in nearby Tolar.

Agriculture Law Lawyers In Paluxy Texas

What is agriculture law?

Agriculture Law involves farmers, landowners, and others in regards to crop-growing, farming processes, dairy production, livestock, farmland use, government subsidization of farming, and seasonal and migrant farm workers. There are numerous federal statutes that subsidize, regulate or otherwise directly affect agricultural activity. Some focusing on protecting migrant and seasonal agricultural workers, some for financial assistance to farmers and others for the construction or improvement of farm housing and other agriculturally related purposes.