Delbarton is a town in Mingo County, West Virginia, USA. The population was 474 at the 2000 census. Delbarton was incorporated September 6, 1946 by the Mingo County Circuit Court. The name Delbarton comes from the New Jersey country estate of one of the officials of the United Thacker Land Company. The town is located in the heart of the richest coal area of the state.