Lund is a small town in White Pine County, Nevada. Lund was named for Anthon H. Lund. Lund was settled in 1898. It was settled on land that the United States government had given The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in lieu of land that had been confiscated under the Edmunds-Tucker Act. The first settlers were Latter-day Saints and the LDS Church still has a ward in Lund. The population of Lund, Nevada as of 2005 is 156.