Whitesville is a town in Boone County, West Virginia, United States, along the Big Coal River. The population was 520 at the 2000 census. Whitesville was incorporated on August 15, 1935 by the Boone County Circuit Court. It is named for B. W. White, a prominent early settler in the area. Whitesville was formerly known as Jarrold's Valley and Pritchard City.