Pinedale is an unincorporated community in Navajo County, Arizona, United States. The population is estimated at 302. The elevation is approximately 6500 ft and it is part of the Mogollon Rim mountain range. Pinedale was first known as Mortenson, after Neils Mortenson who established a Mormon settlement there in 1879. It was also known as Percheron, for the breed of stallions which Mortenson had brought with him. By 1888, however, the settlement was called Pinedale. The road into Pinedale has the only covered bridge in Arizona.