Frankford is a town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. The population was 714 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Seaford, Delaware Micropolitan Statistical Area. Located on U.S. Route 113, Frankford, was founded in 1808 and incorporated in 1937. The town was named Frankford Village in 1848 upon the acquisition of a post office. The establishment of the Pennsylvania Railroad brought a hotel, commercial establishments and an opera house to make Frankford a thriving commercial and cultural center. Today, the town is a mere shadow of that golden era with just a handful of thriving businesses.