Claiborne is an unincorporated community in Talbot County, Maryland. The village is located on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay near the mouth of the Eastern Bay at 38°50′15″N 76°16′41″W﻿ / ﻿38.8375°N 76.27806°W﻿ / 38.8375; -76.27806, and uses ZIP code 21624. The 2000 U.S. Census lists the population as 147. Between 1890 and 1952, the village was a busy port for passenger and then automobile ferry service across the Chesapeake Bay, with numerous stores and motels/resorts, including Maple Hall. A post office was added in 1893 and the Protestant Episcopal Church of Claiborne was built in 1898. In 1912 an elementary school and Methodist Church were added. In 1913, the town became home to the Claiborne Fresh Air Association, Inc. , (“Miracle House”) which was formed for the purpose of caring for children with tuberculosis.