Quantico is an unincorporated community in Wicomico County, Maryland, United States, along the former stage route from Vienna to the port of Whitehaven on the Wicomico River. It consists of approximately 35 homes on the Quantico Creek. The community lies four miles (6 km) from Hebron, Maryland along Maryland Route 347. There are two churches, a general store, and a post office in the community. It is part of the Salisbury, Maryland Metropolitan Statistical Area. Quantico is a Native American name meaning "place of dancing. " The oldest home in Quantico is located at 6508 Quantico Road. The house was built in 1790 with an addition added in 1810, the dates can be traced by the nails on the property. Built with brick and covered in stucco to imitate scored ashlar construction, the house had two exposed brick walls on the North and South side. Today the home does not face the street as it was built to face Quantico Creek, originally part of the property. The house and 3 acres (12,000 m) were sold in 1798 and purchased in January by Henry Crawford, a tanner, who gave the property the name Chelsea. Census records show that the house at the time had a log cookhouse, stable, and meathouse, as well as other commercial buildings such as a tannery, shed, barkhouse, and millhouse.