Hamptonville is an unincorporated community located in southwestern Yadkin County, North Carolina, United States. Hamptonville is named for Henry Hampton (1750-1832), a colonel in the Revolutionary Army . Hampton set aside land for a town in 1806. As of the United States 2000 Census, the CDP of Hamptonville had a population of 5,901. It is a Piedmont Triad community. The community is primarily rural and agricultural.