Sturdivant is an unincorporated community in extreme southern Bollinger County, Missouri, United States. It is located about sixteen miles north of Dexter along State Highway V. The zip code is 63782. It is part of the Cape Girardeau–Jackson, MO-IL Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town founded in the 19th century and was named after Colonel Robert Sturdivant, a banker in Cape Girardeau. In 1881, a railroad was built through the town for the purposes for shipping lumber. In 1920, the Diversion Channel alleviated some of the area flooding, although travel was still difficult in wet weather. Around 1925, a mill was built in the area; the surrounding community used the work whistle to set its clocks. Two general stores, hotel, a saloon, a second-hand clothing store, and a school were also probably founded around this time. One of the stores included a post office. A theater was built around 1940. In the late 1940s, the school was incorporated with the Zalma, Missouri school district. In 1965, the railroad was abandoned and most of the population disappeared.