Buxton is an unincorporated community in Washington County, Oregon, United States, near Oregon Route 47. The Buxton area was settled by Henry T. Buxton in 1884, and the town was named for his family, including his father, also named Henry Buxton, a pioneer of 1841. A post office was established on December 27, 1886, with Henry T. Buxton as the first postmaster. Buxton was also the name of a station on the Portland, Astoria & Pacific Railroad above Mendenhall Creek east of the community. The post office continued until at least 1976 and had a zip code of 97109.