Halifax is a borough in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States. Halifax was incorporated as a borough on May 29, 1785. The borough is situated at the confluence of Armstrong Creek and Susquehanna River. The population was 875 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Harrisburg–Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area. Fort Halifax, was located along the Susquehanna River near the present day borough. It was a temporary stronghold for the Pennsylvania colonial militia from 1756 to 1757, during the French and Indian War. On December 3, 2006, a tornado hit the area, killing one person.