Dixon is a city in Webster County, Kentucky, United States. The population was 632 at the 2000 census. Dixon, the county seat of Webster county, is located at the junction of US 41A and KY 132. It was established in 1860 when the county was formed and named for Archibald Dixon, lieutenant governor and U.S. senator. It was incorporated in 1861. The Dixon's Court House post office opened in 1860. Revolutionary War veteran William Jenkins in 1794 established a stagecoach inn five miles north of the town's present site, on the old Indian trail between Nashville and St. Louis. The town was incorporated on February 6, 1861 and was named after Archibald Dixon, former lieutenant governor of the state (1844-48) and U.S. Senator (1852-55). The notorious Harp brothers, murderous outlaws, once roamed the area. The downtown area has a number of historic homes and was the site of a number of Civil War skirmishes.