Frenchglen is an unincorporated community in Harney County, Oregon, United States. It is 60 miles (97 km) south of Burns on Oregon Route 205. Its population is approximately 12. The community is named after the French-Glenn Livestock Company, founded by Dr. Hugh J. Glenn and later joined by his son-in-law, Peter French. The French-Glenn built its headquarters there in 1872. Frenchglen is near Steens Mountain and Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, and is home to the historic Frenchglen Hotel. The town has a K-8 school divided into two classes. The area is known as a haven for birdwatching.