Brackenridge is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, along the Allegheny River and is part of the Pittsburgh Metro Area. The town is named for Henry Marie Brackenridge. The borough once had glass factories. An Allegheny Technologies steel mill, Allegheny Ludlum Brackenridge Plant, plays a prominent role in the community; although most of the facility is located in Harrison Township. The population stood at 3,421 in 1910 and at 6,400 in 1940. The population was 3,543 at the 2000 census. The borough is located within the Highlands School District.