Nesmith is an unincorporated community in Williamsburg County, South Carolina, United States. It was a station on the Seaboard Air Line Railroad line which was built about 1912. Today it consists of a post office, fire station, and a country store, serving a large rural area which depends on agriculture and logging. Black Mingo Creek flows alongside the hamlet. The community was named after the Nesmith family.