Elmwood Park is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 18,925. Prior to 1916, the area was known as Dundee Lake, a section of Saddle River Township. Residents of the Dundee Lake area voted on April 18, 1916, to secede from Saddle River Township to form the Borough of East Paterson. In 1917, residents of the Rosemont section of Saddle River Township voted to be annexed to East Paterson. In November 1972, residents voted to change the name of the Borough to Elmwood Park. The new name became official on January 1, 1973.