Noti (pronounced NO-tie) is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States, and is located in the foothills of the Central Oregon Coast Range. It was formerly located on Oregon Route 126, but after realignment in 1996, the highway passes just north of the community. The Noti post office was established in 1913, when the name was changed from Portola. As of the 2000 census, Noti had a total population of 699. Noti and its close communities of Elmira and Veneta lay on the Western edge of the Southern Willamette Valley. The Fern Ridge Reservoir lies between the cluster of rural areas and Eugene; the community of Crow lies just to the South. Two lumber mills operate in Noti. Swanson Brothers is the older of the two mills. It began operations in 1937. Swanson-Superior Forest Products has operated a small-diameter log mill in Noti since 1973. In 2002, Noti Grade School, a landmark built in 1927 and known as "The Little Blue School", was closed.