Masterson is an unincorporated community in southern Moore County, Texas, United States. It lies along the concurrent U.S. Routes 87 and 287, south of the city of Dumas, the county seat of Moore County. Its elevation is 3,704 feet (1,129 m). Although Masterson is unincorporated, it has a post office, with a ZIP code of 79058. Founded in 1927 as a support community for a gas pipeline, Masterson was named for Robert Masterson, who owned the land on which it was built. The community's post office was established in 1950.