Cameron in an unincorporated community in Madison County, Montana, United States. It was named for its early settlers, the Cameron family. The first post office was established between 1890-93 in the home of Addison Bovey Cameron. He and his brother Josie had a store and the post office on the ground floor of the building and a dance hall on the upper floor. In 1919 the "Cameron" store was purchased by Frank Kirby who then moved it six miles down the road to take advantage of the tourists visiting the Yellowstone National Park area. This area is prime pasture land of rich hay extending to the foot of the Sphinx Mountain.