Kilkenny is a township located in Coos County, New Hampshire, USA. It was granted on June 4, 1774, containing about 26,911 acres (10,500 more than today). As of the 2000 Census, the township had no inhabitants. In New Hampshire, locations, grants, townships (which are different from towns), and purchases are unincorporated portions of a county which are not part of any town and have limited self-government (if any, as many are uninhabited). It was named after the city and county of Kilkenny in Ireland.