Juntura is an unincorporated community in Malheur County, Oregon, United States on U.S. Route 20. The word juntura is Spanish for "juncture", and the community was named for its proximity to the confluence of the Malheur River with its north fork. The name was probably selected by local settler B. L. Milligan, who arrived in the area in the 1880s and who later served as county school superintendent. Juntura post office was established in 1890 and is still operating. The community's development slowed down after World War II, and on November 2, 1976, the town voted to disincorporate. Juntura is part of the Ontario micropolitan area. Ranching and irrigated pastures provide Juntura's economic foundation. There is a restaurant, motel, elementary school, and church, but the gas station is closed. Chukar partridges have been established in the area and draw many upland bird hunters in season. Portions of the Malheur River have been classified as a blue ribbon trout stream, although it is lightly fished. The USPS zip code for Juntura is 97911.