Luebbering is an unincorporated community in eastern Franklin County, Missouri, United States. It is about eight miles east of St. Clair and about one mile south of Lonedell. The town of Luebbering and the Luebbering post office was founded June 30, 1888, and the Luebbering post office was established to replace the defunct Rucker's Prairie post office. The new town and post office was established within a mile of where Rucker's Prairie was located. The founding father of Luebbering was John Frederick Luebbering (February 4, 1830, Schwaförden, Lower Saxony, Germany - February 09, 1904, St. Louis), who served as the first postmaster and merchant until April 18, 1896. The town was named for John Frederick Luebbering. It is located in Section 20, Township 41, Range 2 East, Franklin County, Missouri. Source: The Centennial Biographical Directory of Franklin County, Missouri, compiled and published by Herman Gottlieb Kiel, 1925, page 205. Other postmasters were J. E. Taylor (April 15, 1896 to October 7, 1896), Fred A. Pilliod (October 7, 1896 to June 16, 1899), Edward L. Ingalls (June 16, 1899 to November 4, 1901), Albert F. Gloriad (November 4 to May 9 1903), Fred A. Pilliod (May 9, 1903 to August 22, 1911), and Tom M. Hoff (August 22, 1911 to July 11, 1915). James Aloysious Pilliod held the position from August 19, 1915 to July 11, 1917, Sidney M. Bardot (July 11, 1917 to December 1946), Walter Lewis (1946 to 1961), Valbert Pilliod (1961 to August 3, 1973), and Lena Lee, who has held the position since August 3, 1973.