Brownsburg is an unincorporated community in Rockbridge County, Virginia, United States. The village of Brownsburg was established on November 23, 1793. By 1835, Brownsburg was a thriving commercial hub and was centrally located on the stagecoach line between Staunton and Lexington. Brownsburg Academy, a private Presbyterian high school for young men, was built with funds raised by local residents. The Academy operated as a private institution from 1850 to 1877 and its building was used for classes, religious services and public meetings. A portion of Brownsburg was listed as a historic district on the Virginia Landmarks Register and National Register of Historic Places in 1973.