Jamestown is a village in Moniteau County, Missouri, United States. The population was 382 at the 2000 census, at which time it was a town. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Incorporated in 1873, Jamestown was named after Edward and Samuel James who established a trading post there in 1846. The town traces its roots to 1837 when John, William and Joshua Hightower built a tobacco factory at the site. The location was desirable as it was at an intersection of roads leading from the river towns of Sandy Hook and Lupus, Missouri.