Riverton is a Borough located in Burlington County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough had a total population of 2,759. Riverton was incorporated as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on December 18, 1893, from portions of Cinnaminson Township, based on the results of a referendum held six days earlier. Portions of the borough were taken to form Palmyra Township on April 19, 1894. Riverton is located on the Delaware River. The town is pedestrian-friendly with sidewalks, gas lamps, and Victorian architecture. Riverton is home to the Riverton Yacht Club, one of the oldest and still active yacht clubs in the country. Many residents' sailboats make their home at this landmark.