Westhoff is an unincorporated community in northwestern DeWitt County, Texas, United States. The town began as a depot on the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway in 1906. Early on the town was named Bello, but that was rejected as it bore too close a similarity to a similarly named town, Bells. The town suffered a serious fire in 1913. The population of the town peaked at near 500 in the mid-1920s, and since the 1960s most official documents list the town population at 410, where it remained as of 2000.