Ute Park is an unincorporated community in Colfax County, New Mexico, United States. It was formerly part of the Maxwell Land Grant. Ute Park lies on U.S. Route 64 between Cimarron and Eagle Nest, New Mexico, just east of Cimarron Canyon State Park. In 1921, the Guide to New Mexico described it as: Ute Park was named for the Ute Indians, who lived on the east slope of near-by Mt. Baldy. The rebellious Ute resisted their white oppressors, and an Indian Agency and military force were maintained at Cimarron to keep them subdued, until they were finally moved to a reservation in southern Colorado and Utah. The village of Ute Park, opposite the mouth of Ute Creek, is the terminus of an A.T. &S.F. railway branch and is a distributing point for freight for Moreno Valley, Red River and Taos.