The Secretary of State may, on behalf of the Government of the United States
(1) receive and transmit reports, requests, recommendations, proposals, and other communications of and to the Organization and its subsidiary organs;
(2) object, or withdraw an objection, to the proposal of the Fisheries Commission;
(3) give or withdraw notice of intent not to be bound by a measure of the Fisheries Commission;
(4) object or withdraw an objection to an amendment to the Convention; and
(5) act upon, or refer to any other appropriate authority, any other communication referred to in paragraph (1).