The Council is authorized
(1) to establish such internal rules and regulations as may be necessary for its operation;
(2) to enter into contracts and acquire materials and supplies necessary for its operation to such extent or in such amounts as are provided for in appropriation Acts;
(3) to publish, consistent with title 44, or arrange to publish critical materials information that it deems to be useful to the public and private industry to the extent that such publication is consistent with the national defense and economic interest;
(4) to utilize such services or personnel as may be provided to the Council on a nonreimbursable basis by any agency of the United States; and
(5) to exercise such authorities as may be necessary and incidental to carrying out its responsibilities and duties under this chapter.