In this chapter
(1) consignee means the person named in a bill of lading as the person to whom the goods are to be delivered.
(2) consignor means the person named in a bill of lading as the person from whom the goods have been received for shipment.
(3) goods means merchandise or personal property that has been, is being, or will be transported.
(4) holder means a person having possession of, and a property right in, a bill of lading.
(5) order means an order by indorsement on a bill of lading.
(6) purchase includes taking by mortgage or pledge.
(7) State means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and a territory or possession of the United States.