Sanford is a village in Midland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 943 at the 2000 census. The founder's day parade is an important annual event in this old logging village along the Tittabawassee River. In 1864, Charles Sanford, of Madison County, New York, purchased 213 acres (0.9 km²) of land where the village is now located, along with 1,000 acres (4 km²) of pine land. The site was first known as the "Salt-Spring Reserve", and was the location of the first salt well in the state. Douglass Houghton, the state surveyor and geologist, supervised sinking the shaft of the well. Charles Sanford moved there in May 1864. He platted the village in 1870. Romig identifies Jay F. Hamilton as the first postmaster of Sanfordville on June 23, 1871, while the Portrait and biographical album of Midland county, Mich. lists Phineas Hamilton as the first postmaster. The name was shortened to "Sanford" on July 13, 1871. Also in 1871, the Pere Marquette Railroad built a station in Sanford. In 1982, Sanford voters approved repealing its 1963 village charter and become part of Jerome Township, but a Michigan court overturned the election results because it should have been presented as one proposal instead of two.

Bonds And Government Finance Law Lawyers In Sanford Michigan

Advertisement

What is bonds and government finance law?

A bond may be an obligation of a state, its subdivisions, or a private corporation to pay a stated amount of money after a stated amount of time. Attorneys may help with the issuance of general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, revenue and grant anticipation notes, assessment and tax increment bonds, certificates of participation and conduit securities where the proceeds of the securities are loaned to other governmental entities, corporations, partnerships, and qualified 501(c)(3) organizations for a variety of governmental, industrial, commercial, and charitable purposes.

Federal court opinions concerning bonds and government finance law in Michigan